Best Food & Beer Pairings
Here at McCullar’s Irish Pub & Grill, we are often asked by customers for recommendations on the best food and drinks for them. We can proudly say that not only are our meals and beers delicious, they are affordable as well. To help you maximize their full flavorful potential, here are some of the best pairings you can order any time.
- Burger with Ales/Stouts – Just to be clear, we have nothing against the combination of a nice juicy burger and a cold bottle of beer. You can, however, up the ante by ordering a glass of brown or dark ale or stout to go along with your favorite grilled meat. Dark beers with more roasted notes tend to bring out the flavors of beef.
- Spicy Chicken Wings and Light Lagers – The combination of the spicy, zesty flavors of Buffalo wings and the light, crisp textures of light beers like Corona strikes the perfect balance in one’s taste buds.
- Seafood/Chicken and Light Beer – The trick with seafood and chicken is not to overpower them. This is why it is best to couple them with light, crisp beers like Blue Moon.
- French Fries and Belgian Beer – French fries or fish and chips are favorites among our customers. The best way to balance the saltiness is with a light Belgian beer. For starters, try Stella Artois.
- Pizza and IPA – In case you are looking for an alternative to your classic Budweiser-Pizza combination, we recommend trying IPA. Indian Pale Ale (IPA) cuts through the greasy goodness of pizza and complements most of ingredients.
- Cheese with Most Beers – Not the wine and cheese type of person? No worries. The carbonation and crisp notes of beer actually brings out the flavor of most cheeses.
- Chocolate Desserts and Stouts – The rich, bitter flavor of stouts greatly complements the sweetness of chocolates and berries.
Visit our blog again to learn more about the best kinds of food for the different kinds of beer. Better yet, come and visit us here at McCullar’s Irish Pub & Grill in Arlington, TX and we will personally recommend the best pairings for your palate.